I woke up this morning…and when I say I woke up, I mean I have been awake since about 3am… Stressing over a toddler who doesn’t want to sleep in his own bed, he can also throw epic tantrums, and a baby who was up every 2-3 hours.
I poured myself a LARGE cup of coffee and I thought to myself if this is what 29 looks like what does 30 look like?? So naturally I cried into my coffee cup (I’m sure any mom can relate). Hoping no one would notice.
Did I mention its a blizzard outside right now?…So I cried more. Thinking this is the WORST Birthday ever!
Then two little hands tugged on my leg and asked for a bowl of oatmeal.
That is when I realized 29 may not be glamorous but this is my season and it is beautiful and I have so much to be thankful for!
So I thought every Thursday I want to give you guys five things I am grateful for. As a reminder that life is messy but in the mess it is wonderful!
- I’m grateful for 29 nine years of life on this planet! Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with me!
- I’m thankful for that hunky husband of mine that is so easy going and puts up with my crazy ideas, and crazy emotions.
- I’m so thankful for my babies they keep life ever changing and I have learned so much about myself in this season of motherhood.
- I’m thankful for calving season! I get to look out my bay window all day and see new life being born all day! Those cow ladies are truly amazing! Not to mention a new born calf is pretty much the most adorable site. It will put a smile on anyone’s face.
- I’m thankful for my gift to garden. I get to share and teach my love for gardening with new, and old gardeners alike!
What are you guys thankful for?
Annnddd quick question…Is it to early to have a slice of cake? Asking for a friend…